RE: fast ethernet limits

  • From: Joel Jaeggli
  • Date: Fri Jan 10 16:28:29 2003

putting a shield on cat5 or 6 cable doesn't significantly increase the
noise rejection vs utp cat 5 at 100mb/s, you're shielding already
balanced cable pairs.

moreover they're signifcantly harder to install since they need to be
properly grounded and shielded at both ends.

joelja

 On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Andy Dills wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Al Rowland wrote:
>

> > And you are using shielded cable, correct?
>
> Nah, I'm guessing he strung bare copper seperated by cotton balls.
> That's what I like to use in my 27-floor 100tx runs.
>
> Andy
>
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
> Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access

Joel Jaeggli	      Academic User Services   joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
--    PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E      --
  resort of the scoundrel.  With all due respect to an enlightened but