RE: Weird networking issue.

  • From: Ramin K
  • Date: Tue Jan 07 17:21:54 2003

At 10:32 PM 1/7/2003 +0100, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
On Tue, 7 Jan 2003 alex@pilosoft.com wrote:

> Sun's hme cards won't go full duplex even though they advertise it to
> remote switch, causing immense headaches to anyone with Sun gear...

That is just not true. I've had several Sun boxes with hme interfaces
properly autoneg into 100/full with misc equipment, including 3548:s, and
working properly.
--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@swm.pp.se
The behavior I've seen in the past is Sun gear negotiating properly when plugged into Cisco gear that is already running. If you power cycle the switch with the servers already attached the port will not negotiate correctly... usually to half duplex.

Also I've seen duplex problems in the past week that caused, runts, giants, collisions, CRCs, errors of all sorts, kernel module reloads, vlan tagging failure, and depletion of the ozone layer. Or maybe is was reality tv that caused that ozone thing...

Ramin