Re: Networking in Africa...

  • From: John R. Levine
  • Date: Mon Dec 02 21:26:35 2002
  • Newsgroups: iecc.lists.nanog

>Who cares? It's not like one of you got ripped off by 419. Load up
>SpamAssassin and forget about it.

SpamAssassin doesn't block 419 spam very well because the messages
keep changing.  Since I get at least a thousand 419 spams for every
actual message from West Africa, the reasonable response is to block
networks from which I get repeated 419 spam until they figure out how
to deal with their spam problem.  So far, none of them have come off
the block list yet, although there's one or two that seem to have
clueful enough management that I didn't block them in the first place.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 387 6869
johnl@iecc.com, Village Trustee and Sewer Commissioner, http://iecc.com/johnl,