Re: NMS/ OSS commercial software ?

  • From: Niels Bakker
  • Date: Tue Oct 08 19:12:34 2002

* neil@DOMINO.ORG (Neil J. McRae) [Tue 08 Oct 2002, 19:50 CEST]:

> I'd strongly recommend you look at SMARTS Incharge. http://www.smarts.com/
> Its fantastic.

Mostly.  :-)

It's solid software, mostly.  Not too secure (usernames and passwords
were only recently bolted on, and we all know from experience how things
then work under the hood), but it seems to scale nicely to <bignum>
number of ports.  And it only crashed once on me while I took a course
in it last month. :) But it beats the pants off Netcool.

Regards,

	-- Niels.