RE: IPv4 country of origin

  • From: Gary E. Miller
  • Date: Thu Oct 03 14:36:12 2002

Yo Alex!

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 alex@yuriev.com wrote:

> > > Is there a more accurate method to determine the country of origin for an
> > > IP than the methods I've described above?
>
> Yes, at least three companies have databases of pretty much all /24s and
> above mapped up to a zip code.

These DBs are a joke.  I have /19's that are SWIPed to the billing
office but used in remote POPs.  No-one is ever gonna figure out where
they really are.

Except for the IPs I set RFC1712 LOC records on.

I see load-balancing by geo-code do way more harm than good.

RGDS
GARY
Gary E. Miller Rellim 20340 Empire Blvd, Suite E-3, Bend, OR 97701
	gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1(541)382-8588 Fax: +1(541)382-8676