Re: Security Practices question

  • From: Scott Walker
  • Date: Wed Oct 02 21:49:53 2002

could use scp also. Altho not as secure you'd need null keys.

But could also have the same issues with rdist.

Joel Baker wrote:

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 05:48:16PM -0700, just me wrote:

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Scott Francis wrote:

Can you back up that statement in /any/ way? What exactly are your reasons
why sudo is a worse solution (or even a bad idea)?

In an environment where every sysadmin is interchangable, and any one
of them can be woken up at 3am to fix the random problem of the day,
you tell me how to manage 'sudoers' on 4000 machines.

rdist comes to mind...