Re: Drive-by spam hits wireless LANs

  • From: Neil J. McRae
  • Date: Wed Sep 11 06:39:16 2002

> I must be honest, I havn't heard of any reports here in Sweden (or
> anywhere else) that this is a real problem, are there any true incidents
> that this has happend?

Yes. If you sit with your laptop in the park across from our office
you can see 3 unprotected wireless domains. There was an article [although
I can't remember what publication] featuring a few people driving through
the City of London [London's financial community area] they found
serveral unprotected LANs.

Regards,
Neil.
--