Re: IP address fee??

  • From: Christopher Schulte
  • Date: Thu Sep 05 15:24:29 2002

At 11:39 AM 9/5/2002 -0700, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
> At least as importantly, why do 254 addresses get provided where the
> actual need might not warrant that quantity?

Because it's easier to do the reverse DNS? Sorry to contribute to the
general noise, but that answer's close to the truth.
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2317.html

Easier maybe... But with classless delegation of IN-ADDR.ARPA
this should not be an issue any longer.

--
...some sort of steganographic chaffing and winnowing scheme
already exists in practice right here: I frequently find myself