Re: your mail

  • From: Joel Baker
  • Date: Fri Aug 09 13:58:16 2002

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 08:22:58AM -0500, Chris Adams wrote:

> Once upon a time, JC Dill <nanog@vo.cnchost.com> said:
> > On 02:42 PM 8/8/02, Scott Granados wrote:
> >  >
> >  >Do people really almost get fired for what they write here?
> >
> > Sometimes, it's not "almost".  Just 3 months ago:
> >
> > <http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/2002-05/msg00208.html>
>
> Which was followed up with:
>
> <http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/2002-05/msg00219.html>
>
> and I don't see any further discussion on that particular topic (I'll
> make the same disclaimer as the sender of the second message: I don't
> know one way or the other what might have happened or not happened or
> which sender is correct).  Any other references to this kind of thing
> happening?

As the sender of the second message - it was a caution that people
should investigate, not a statement that it didn't happen.

All of the evidence I could gather indicate that it did, in fact, happen
in at least some form. At the very least, other employees (whom I have
know for years) said that he was gone, as of the date in question. They
were not told the cause (as would be expected in most companies).

Granted, believeing this means you'd have to trust *my* legwork. Or do
your own. However, the 'almost' case certainly can't be argued. Just
check the archives for the number of folks who've posted at the end of
some thread about being 'asked to stop'.
lucifer@lightbearer.com              http://users.lightbearer.com/lucifer/