RE: How low can Worldcom stock go?

  • From: Vivien M.
  • Date: Wed Jun 26 11:33:54 2002

That's already being done. Of course, not in the way you seem to
suggest... Instead, you have increased depeering as everyone tries to
squeeze [non-existant] money out of everybody else.

Don't get me started on what C&W did to the Exodus backbone. It used to
be that from our servers to my cable modem at home, it was Exodus ->
Teleglobe -> Rogers. Now, after a massive round of depeering, it's
Exodus -> C&W -> Sprint -> Teleglobe -> Rogers. It's like that with
pretty much everything: you used to have some networks who peered
directly with Exodus, now traffic to them goes through C&W and UUnet
first, etc.

Vivien
--
Vivien M.