ATTBI refuses to do reverse DNS?

  • From: Lou Katz
  • Date: Tue Jun 18 14:32:33 2002

A client of mine just discovered that he could no longer do ftp
transfers to my machine. His IP address had changed to one in
12.240.20 and there is no reverse DNS for that block. His
previous assignment was in a totally different block which did
have reverse DNS. Calls to ATTBI got the answer that they
are not obligated to provide reverse DNS and have no plans to
do so. My servers refuse connections when there is no reverse
lookup.

Is this common?

--
I suppose I could set up a bogus reverse for him, but, feh...

-=[L]=-