Re: Exodus/C&W Depeering

  • From: Bill Woodcock
  • Date: Tue Mar 26 16:34:00 2002

      On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Hank Nussbacher wrote:
    > In general, as companies and backbones merge and eliminate "old" ASNs, that
    > would reduce the overall AS path length.

This isn't something I really care to make a big argument of, but my point
was that for many ISPs, the path will go from:

   SELF - EXODUS

to:

   SELF - OTHER BACKBONE - C&W

for a net increase in average path length.  That is, of course, a gross
generalization.  And not anything I'm trying to make a big point of.

                                -Bill