Re: Typical Customer Profiles

  • From: Fred True
  • Date: Mon Mar 18 13:29:43 2002

> Has anyone published something like "Neilson Ratings" for Internet
> use?  Something that would show how much time a customer spends using their
> Internet connection, how much they download and speed they commonly
> get/expect?  I would be interested in breaking these questions out for a
> dialup user, cable modem user, DSL user and then home use vs. small
> business use.

I think you'll find that Media Metrix has done a bunch of this (perhaps
not exactly these statistics, but similar): www.mediametrix.com

IIRC, most of their statistics focus on top "internet properties" and
providers for the advertising community, not specifically user behavior,
but you could ask them.  Many of their services are pay-only.

-fred