Re: Reducing Usenet Bandwidth

  • From: jlewis
  • Date: Sat Feb 02 16:08:07 2002

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Alex Rubenstein wrote:

> Perhaps the same time the end-users (whose fees go towards paying for the
> hardware, presumably) say "we don't want binaries anymore."

It would be interesting to survey the customers and see:

A) how many would care if we didn't provide usenet
B) how many would care if we didn't carry any binaries
C) how many have never heard of usenet

I suspect A and B would be small, and C large.

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |