Re: Fwd: SlashDot: "Comcast Gunning for NAT Users"

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Thu Jan 31 20:42:22 2002

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Todd Suiter wrote:

> 	The question I have is, by the letter of the terms, is running ssh
> a 'VPN'? Or if I use a VPN client to connect to my datacenters from home?
> Or is it you 'hosting' a VPN?

For my purposes, no. I don't do port forwarding. Although if you REALLY
want to stretch the definition of a VPN you could still say I was running
a VPN.

I suppose if you wanted to stretch the definition, you could also say I'm
running a VPN if I'm doing port forwarding...

--
JustThe.net LLC - Steve "Web Dude" Sobol, CTO      ICQ: 56972932/WebDude216
website: http://JustThe.net  email: sjsobol@JustThe.net  phone: 216.619.2NET