Re: uunet outage?

  • From: Daniel Lark
  • Date: Fri Jan 25 23:06:30 2002

I have been noticing several UUNet problems recently. My Oakland office
(connected via UUNet) and my company's service bureau, run by a
contractor company (also UUNet) had problems seeing my main corp. web
server colo'd at Hurricane Electric, yesterday. Turns out there was a
DoS attack ran against a router on above.net (which provides the peering
between UUNet and HE).

However, I have also seen problems with customers being unable to see my
contractor's machines. Supposedly, there are some rather strategic DoS
attacks going on. Can anyone confirm this?

Regards,
Dan Lark
ELM Resources, Inc.