Re: Anyone here from Microsoft? Hacked?

  • From: Scott Gifford
  • Date: Thu Jan 24 14:45:53 2002

David Diaz <techlist@smoton.net> writes:

> If anyone from Microsoft is on the list.  You might want to check to
> see if this is a hack or an old employee being funny.
>
> I did enjoy the link that sent me to McDonalds to apply for a job.
>
> Just curious, does anyone know what servers they run their content on?
> Is it still NT?
>
> Hope this info helps the webmaster.
>
> David
>
> http://www.microsoft.com&item%3Dq209354@hardware.no/nyheter/feb01/Q209354%20-%20HOWTO.htm

This address is actually on hardware.no.  See the @ sign?  It
instructs the browser to connect to 'hardware.no' and give the
username 'www.microsoft.com&item%3Dq209354'.

It's an increasingly common trick.

So no security breaches, no pissed off employees, no chances to bash
NT.  Ah, well.

----ScottG.