Re: traffic filtering

  • From: E.B. Dreger
  • Date: Tue Jan 22 12:43:45 2002

> Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 12:34:57 -0500
> From: Joe Abley <jabley@automagic.org>

> This seems like a strange design decision for windows 2000, if

Strange?  Stupid is more like it.

> it's real. But, if it *is* true, the answer to your question "is
> this kind of filtering common" might be a strong "yes", at least
> in the Microsoft-populated extreme network edge.

Wouldn't surprise me.  IIRC, Win95 (NT? 98?) would send bcast
messages to the classful broadcast address, regardless of subnet
mask.

Anyone have a Win2000 machine handy to confirm or deny?

Eddy

Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - EverQuick Internet Division
Phone: +1 (316) 794-8922 Wichita/(Inter)national
Phone: +1 (785) 865-5885 Lawrence