Configuring multi-home failover

  • From: Mike Stubbers
  • Date: Fri Jan 18 14:53:03 2002

I am wanting to configure a secondary ISP to be used as fail over only for
our primary.  At this point both ISP's come into the same 7500 router and I
have an established BGP session with our primary provider.

Can those of you doing this already tell me the optimum way to set this up?
Is this best done on my end or by having my secondary discover our
disappearance and begin announcing?

New territory for me so BGP configuration examples are welcome.

Regards,

Mike Stubbers
Network Analyst Supervisor, SCP
Information Technology Services