Re: Adoption of MPLS in the Enterprise

  • From: Jesper Skriver
  • Date: Thu Jan 10 16:44:00 2002

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 09:40:02PM -0500, Lee Watterworth wrote:

> Hi,
>
> MPLS has been in use at providers for a number of years.
>
> Does anyone have experience with MPLS adoption at the enterprise level?  For
> what reasons was it deployed?

The same reasons service providers do it - offer multiple L3 networks on
the same physical infrastruture, also known as MPLS L3 VPN's

At least that's the deployments I've seen.

/Jesper

Work:    Network manager   @ AS3292 (Tele Danmark DataNetworks)
Private: FreeBSD committer @ AS2109 (A much smaller network ;-)