Re: ACLs / Filter Lists - Best Practices

  • From: E.B. Dreger
  • Date: Tue Nov 27 20:35:30 2001

> Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:37:18 -0800
> From: John McBrayne <mcbrayne@caspiannetworks.com>

> Is anyone aware of any current "best practices" related to the
> recommended set of filtering rules (Cisco ACL lists or Juniper filter
> sets) for reasons of Security, statistics collection, DoS attack
> analysis/prevention, etc.?  I'm curious to see if there are any such
> recommendations for Tier 1/Tier 2 backbone routers, peering points,
> etc., as opposed to CPE terminations or Enterprise/LAN equipment
> recommendations.
>
> Actual config file examples would be great, if they exist.

_Rob's Articles Collection_ makes a great start:

	http://www.cymru.com/~robt/Docs/Articles/

Have fun.

HTH,
Eddy

Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - EverQuick Internet Division
Phone: +1 (316) 794-8922 Wichita/(Inter)national
Phone: +1 (785) 865-5885 Lawrence

Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 11:23:58 +0000 (GMT)
From: A Trap <blacklist@brics.com>
To: blacklist@brics.com
Subject: Please ignore this portion of my mail signature.

These last few lines are a trap for address-harvesting spambots.  Do NOT
send mail to <blacklist@brics.com>, or you are likely to be blocked.