Re: RBL turf wars (was: ABOVE.NET BLOCKING ORBZ!)

  • From: Alex Pilosov
  • Date: Sat Nov 17 01:13:39 2001

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Margie Arbon wrote:

> Point of clarification:
>
> RBL is a registered service mark of MAPS, refering to the Realtime
> Blackhole List.
>
> This has **nothing** to do with us. At All.

Correction: Other than the these two things:

a) Paul Vixie is a cofounder, chairman and CEO of MAPS LLC and at same
time CTO of MFN (parent of above.net)

b) Dave Rand is a cofounder and executive director of MAPS LLC and at same
time EVP of MFN.

Don't get me wrong, I like MAPS and I think ORBS/MAPS flamewars are silly.
(And certainly hoping I'm not starting one now). But a little bit of
honesty never hurt anyone, and its a bit disingenious to say that there's
absolutely nothing in common between Above/MFN and MAPS.

-alex