IP database ideas

  • From: Charles Sprickman
  • Date: Wed Nov 07 17:05:45 2001

Hello all,

I just discovered Postgres (after having used MySQL for some time), and it
has some IP datatypes.  I'm looking to stuff all of our IP allocations
into a db for easier allocation/tracking, and I'm just thrilled to see
that I can store IPs/networks natively.

Before I get too far into this, are there any pre-existing packages out
there to help manage IP allocation?  Does anyone have anything homegrown,
and would you be willing to share some pieces, even just a schema, or
advice?  I don't want to dive in and find that I've laid everything out
poorly and painted myself into a corner...

Thanks,

Charles