RE: 'we should all be uncomfortable with the extent to which luck..'

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Sat Jul 28 18:28:22 2001

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Mitch Halmu wrote:

> Those (few) providers offering shell accounts still do.

Not the smart ones. I do shell, and I may have an in.telnetd lying around
somewhere, but it sure as hell isn't turned on. The line wasn't just
commented out of my inetd.conf, it was deleted.

Amazingly, the people I provide the service to are using SSH with no
problem at all.

--
JustThe.net LLC - Steve "Web Dude" Sobol, CTO - sjsobol@JustThe.net

Donate a portion of your monthly ISP bill to your favorite charity or
non-profit organization! E-mail me for details.