Re: 'we should all be uncomfortable with the extent to which luck..'

  • From: Mark Boolootian
  • Date: Wed Jul 25 13:18:17 2001

> > How many of us here run anything less than SSH and even allow telnetd to
> > live on any of our hosts?
>
> Here? Probably not all that many.

I wouldn't be so sure.   You might want to take a look at the first couple
of minutes of this session from the last NANOG meeting:

  http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0105/real/dnssec.ram

It suggests that many (most?) of the NANOG attendees are shipping passwords
around in the clear (not necessarily all telnet, but indicative of a mindset).
I think this suggests the problem is far worse than most people imagine.

mb