RE: How many ISPs are out there?

  • From: Roeland Meyer
  • Date: Tue Jul 24 10:26:52 2001

That wouldn't constitute a complete answer because there are MANY local ISPs
that aggregate under a regional. Also, not all regionals (yes, I've found
some exceptions <Qwest?>) use BGP either. Then there is the old route
pre-fixing problem. Not many ISPs, smaller than /19, are going to be doing
effective ASN's either.