RE: Update: CSX train derailment

  • From: Rowland, Alan D
  • Date: Mon Jul 23 17:58:05 2001

It's not uncommon for empty conduit in the ground to accumulate water,
sometimes very dirty water. The usual quick fix is some compressed air in
one end and all the goop hopefully comes out the other. Be sure to let
anyone around the other end know before you turn on the air so they can
clear the end of the cable. Imagine Old Faithful as a cold mud bath... :)

-Al