Re: X-10 and like behaviour.

  • From: William Allen Simpson
  • Date: Thu Jul 19 12:06:02 2001

David Shaw wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 09:02:18AM -0400, Greg Maxwell wrote:
> > Just turn off javascript and you will find browsing nirvana.
>
> That was my original solution, but alas, these days enough sites use
> javascript for basic functionality that turning it off renders a good
> portion of the web unusable.

I've never seen the pop-ups.  I browse without javascript or images.
I'm only interested in content.

The mistake in your message is "good" portion of the web.  For those of
us interested in content, we find nothing missing.

On those rare occasions where javascript provides useful functionality,
and I've personally examined the page source, I turn on javascript and
reload.  For the security conscious, javascript is unconscionable.

--
William Allen Simpson