Re: When will 128M not be enough?

  • From: Andy Walden
  • Date: Sun Jul 15 17:50:21 2001

On Sun, 15 Jul 2001 jlewis@lewis.org wrote:

> If the 2650's 128mb of memory isn't enough, what are you recommending?
> The only Cisco options I'm aware of are the 3660 series or 7x00
> class...both of which are overkill for a small network with 2-3 T1's and
> BGP peers.

Kinda a different twist on the topic, but I fail to see why a site of that
size needs to take a full table anyway. If all you have are a couple of
T1s multihomed to a couple of the larger networks, you can probably just
take customer routes and will achieve as optimum routing as possible. For
even better scaling and redundancy get two smaller routers (26xx or
rs3000) and run IBGP between them for still a more ecomical solution.

andy