Re: Open Peers at PAIX

  • From: William B. Norton
  • Date: Tue Jul 10 01:34:06 2001

One thing I want to add to this thread for ISP Peering Coordinators is a plug for the Peering Contact Database (PCD).

The Peering Contact Database is a directory of ISP Peering Coordinators that started at the 1st Peering BOF at NANOG 17 in Montreal. See slides at http://www.nanog.org/mtg-9910/peering.html Peering Coordinators that toss in their business cards (or virtually provide their contact info) get added to the PCD and as a side effect get a copy of the Peering Contact Database about every 6 weeks.

The intent is to help folks (and there are a lot of them) that need to get peering contact information to initiate the process. During the my peering research getting this initial contact information turned out to be a real challenge. I would also point out that this is a small community service project that is not affiliated with my work at Equinix.

If (and only if) you are an ISP Peering Coordinator and would like to participate, please send e-mail to wbn@wbnorton.org and I'll return a copy of the PCD template to fill out.

Thanks and hope this helps!

Bill