RE: Getting an AS and /18

  • From: Daniel Golding
  • Date: Mon Jul 02 19:43:26 2001

I suspect this is a troll. However, I'll take the bait...

Why should this organization get any sort of special treatment? Because they
have been too slack to properly SWIP their blocks? Because they don't feel
like submitting the proper documentation?

You posit that the customer genuinely needs the address space. How do we, as
an Internet community discover that? The only way is documentation.

I find it rather hard to believe that an organization without an AS,
qualifies for a /18, based on the published criteria - they did take the
time to read those, right?

Andy, you request help to circumvent a process that is far from perfect, yet
is our best hedge against the unscrupulous. I suppose the best advise for
them is to hire a consultant who is fully conversant in the procedures for
obtaining address spaces and an AS number. That's their best bet.

- Daniel Golding