RE: opinions on routers/switches for parallel clusters

  • From: Dee McKinney
  • Date: Mon Jun 18 13:01:59 2001

fairly sheltered life i'd say :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Albert Meyer [mailto:albert@waller.net]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 8:54 AM
To: Michael C . Wu; nanog@nanog.org
Subject: Re: opinions on routers/switches for parallel clusters

Having dealt with Lucent I can warn you away from them (as if I need to
nowadays). Having dealt with Cabletron I can warn you away from
Riverstone.
The only company you mention which has consistently provided excellent
products and support (and never screwed me around or lied to me) is
Cisco.
Their stuff is a bit overpriced, but <cliche> you get what you pay for.
</cliche>