Re: HTML-format postings

  • From: Mikael Abrahamsson
  • Date: Wed Jun 06 15:20:07 2001

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, john heasley wrote:

> no, but procmail and sed, html2text, or /dev/null work quite well.
> no rule or recommendation is going to stop the clue-- from posting
> html or using MS MUAs (or MTAs).

Another mailing list server I use for all my lists I admin (uses
majordomo) have a filter that simply bounces back all HTML mail to the
sender, along with instructions on how to set most MUAs to send text only
messages. Works perfectly.

Too bad that "out of office replies" doesn't come with a descernable tag
one could filter on.... or is there? I actually haven't looked.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@swm.pp.se