BGPv5

  • From: John
  • Date: Mon Mar 19 13:10:26 2001

Has anyone been involved with the IETF on submitting information on BGP-5?

I am trying to understand how congestion control would be best handled.
Would it be possible to add something additional in the OPEN message rather than just having
MP_NLRI_REACH and MP_NLRI_UNREACH or better yet run them in parallel.   If we replace
the encoding of the NLRI and then withdraw the routes with these 2 attributes wouldn't that make
it work?

Thanks
John