RE: I've just tried new.net's plugin. Don't.

  • From: mdevney
  • Date: Fri Mar 16 10:38:25 2001

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 smd@clock.org wrote:

> | Yup, it's all about capitalism, and nothing about technical correctness.*sigh*
>
> The long-term maximization of ROI requires technical correctness.
> Unfortunately there is often alot of arbitrage by people with
> very short-term goals.  Sadly, some of the worst technologies are
> the ones that get lots of short-term interest.

Slightly off-topic here, but am I the only one who is concerned by the
fact that virtually all businesses define "ultra long term" as 5 years or
less?  It seems that 5 years is about the limits of Capitalism's
vision... The Internet, while very young, is still 5 or 6 times that old.

Maybe the politicians and managers, by virtue of being politicians and
managers, should not be allowed to be politicians and managers.  Yes, I
think that made sense, but it's 7am and I haven't slept yet tonight so I
can't be sure.

Matthew Devney
Needs Caffeine