RE: Statements against new.net?

  • From: Roeland Meyer
  • Date: Thu Mar 15 18:02:32 2001

> So tell me when I type in the word "apple" where exactly do I
> want to go?

Apple Records, of course (sez an old hippie).

On the TM front, Apple Computer only retains their name because of a
contingent agreement with Apple Records, the primary trademark-holder of the
term "Apple". Apple Computer is prohibited from entering the music recording
and distribution business.

Wow, does this mean that Apple could never support Napster or MP3.ORG?