RE: I've just tried new.net's plugin. Don't.

  • From: Charles Scott
  • Date: Thu Mar 15 16:21:56 2001

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Jeff Workman wrote:

> Thankfully, the 2 small systems that I help to admin in my spare time are
> refusing to support this thing, and so far, I have gotten no official word
> from my $main_employer as to whether or not they support it or not, but I
> suspect the answer to be "no".  I most certainly hope so, for the sake of
> humanity and the Internet.

Jeff:
  That was my original gut reaction as well. However, I'll be perfectly
willing to bastardize our DNS and resolve their pseudo domains for an
initial fee of $50,000 plus a 5 year contract of $20,000 per year to keep
it that way. I think those are fair numbers since we're farily small. If I
owned and managed a real network, I'd probably ask for real money.
  This is all about capitalism, right?

Chuck