Loose Source Routing

  • From: David McGaugh
  • Date: Tue Mar 06 14:35:25 2001

What are people's feelings on loose source routing? The general
sentiment around here is that it is a very evil thing. The reason I ask
is that there is a certain network out there (who will remain nameless)
who refuses to peer unless loose source routing is enabled. I can
somewhat understand their reasoning (they can reroute traffic on OUR
network as necessary) but the security implications far out way the
benefits. Not only this I'm not comfortable with an outside source
having control over routing on our network anyway.
-Dave
--
+------------------------------+
Dave McGaugh, CCNA
Peering & IP Backbone Engineer
Electric Lightwave, Inc.
E-mail: dmcgaugh@eli.net
Direct Dial: 360.816.3718
Fax: 360.816.3522
+------------------------------+
begin:vcard
n:McGaugh;David
tel;work:360.816.3718
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.eli.net
org:Electric Lightwave, Inc.;Data Internetworking
adr:;;4400 NE 77th Ave.;Vancouver;WA;98662;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:dmcgaugh@eli.net
title:Peering & IP Backbone Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;3344