Re: DS3 Ordering Experiences

  • From: Martin Hannigan
  • Date: Thu Feb 22 15:24:38 2001

At 02:59 PM 2/22/2001 -0500, Andy Dills wrote:

This might help some people ordering DS3s from UUnet in the future, so
I'll post it here for the archives.

We ordered a DS3 to UUnet last July, and after several blown FOC dates, we
finally started passing packets last night. (And man, nothing like 2 ms
latency and being able to measure downloads in MB/s.) Thank god the
circuit is quality, or this would be an entirely different post.

UUnet was amazingly slow: 7+ months to terminate a DS3 to Frederick, MD,
50 miles north of their world headquarters.

[ snip ]

Remember that post I made a bit back that was supposed to be a personal note regarding
an OC12?

I have my OC12 with an FOC of March 15, 10 days ahead of my six weeks. I
also have a lot of confidence in the ability to deliver it on time.

It took me awhile, but the part about being the squeaky wheel is very true and
accurate. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

Sorry for posting so much today. Ahem. Last One.

-M

Regards,

--
Martin Hannigan hannigan@fugawi.net