Re: Need help with Cisco VLAN bridging....

  • From: Kent Yu
  • Date: Sat Feb 10 15:41:00 2001

Craig,

Apart from other suggestions, I think you also can do this:

1)Put ip address at both ends of the DS3;
2) Esbalish tunnels for each of your vlan using different loopback
interfaces;
3)put the vlans in their respective tunnles using brigde-group;
4) use rate limit based on the soure of loopback interface of the tunnel to
control how much each tunnel(vlan) can use the DS3;

Not sure wether you want to turn on the IRB, probably not.
Of course this is preety urgly using layer 3 to solve layer2 problem, but
just off the top of my head.

HTH
Kent Yu