Re: network equipment vendors and social responsibility

  • From: Frank Jimenez
  • Date: Wed Feb 07 21:53:35 2001

Just to clarify, the product mentioned in the article is Websense.  Websense is not a Cisco product.  (In fact, it's not even listed in Cisco's price list...)  A quick glance at http://www.websense.com/ indicates that integration is offered with over 18 different firewalling products, not just Cisco's PIX.

While I may or may not agree with China's politics, I think that to lay this issue at Cisco's doorstep may be a bit much.

Frank Jimenez, CCIE #5738
Systems Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.
franjime@cisco.com