Re: That pesky AS path corruption bug...

  • From: Adrian Chadd
  • Date: Thu May 25 02:13:32 2000

On Thu, May 25, 2000, Michael Shields wrote:

> In article <20000524163200.D367@ewok.creative.net.au>,
> Adrian Chadd <adrian@creative.net.au> wrote:
> > Cryptographically signing here ensures someone isn't going to tamper
> > with your route announcements in transit. When script kiddies have the
> > technology to splice fibre cabes in their backyard and sniff/replace
> > data at line speed, I'm sure they will have more fun things to do than
> > mess with your BGP session.
>
> Are you as confident about the security of exchange point fabrics?

No, but I can think of better things to be doing than fucking with
route announcements. ;-)

Although I do concede here, signing can also provide a level
of route filtering as was mentioned in the last email back at me.
Has anyone got any working code for that?

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			Build a man a fire, and he's warm for the
<adrian@creative.net.au>	rest of the evening. Set a man on fire and