Re: BGP filtering of supernets out of classful space

  • From: John Fraizer
  • Date: Fri May 19 16:27:26 2000

On Fri, 19 May 2000, Daniel Senie wrote:

> I'd like to see sites which filter provide a looking glass or similar so
> that other providers can quickly and efficiently debug routing issues,
> and also some known place where those providers doing filtering can be
> listed, along with test hosts which can be traced to for testing whether
> there are routing problems or not.
>
> Several folks will tell me I'm dreaming (or smoking something), no
> doubt.
>
> Dan

Some providers are VERY paranoid about people seeing what their routing
table looks like.  I requested that one of our upstreams provide a
looking-glass and their reply was "The LG code requires that we open up
RSH on the routers.  No Way!"

So...

I wrote looking-glass code that uses telnet.  I provided it to the
provider in question.  Still no looking-glass nearly a year later.

Oh well.

John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc.