Re: New Internet-draft on DDOS defense...

  • From: Vipul Shah
  • Date: Thu May 11 08:14:44 2000

The solution suggested by RFC2644 is for routers only, while the proposed solution is intended for end-nodes.

If DDoS Smurf attack is generated using local broadcast, RFC2644 solution won't prevent the attack. Read carefully the last paragraph of Section 1 of the draft.

Vipul

>>> Paul Ferguson <ferguson@cisco.com> 05/11/00 05:14PM >>>
How is this substantially different than RFC2644, "Changing
the Default for Directed Broadcasts in Routers"?

  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2644.txt

- paul