Re: New Federal Law (COPPA)

  • From: Ron Buchalski
  • Date: Mon Apr 24 10:23:08 2000

This is great, but I wonder how long it will be before ISPs and web hosting providers are considered liable if a kid lies about his/hee age, reasoning that the liar is underage and isn't considered responsible for him/herself.

It's still up to parents to make sure that their kids are surfing the Internet responsibly, but I don't know that the law assumes this in order to protect ISPs.

-rb