Re: Network Solutions, HOSTS

  • From: Brian Kifiak
  • Date: Mon Apr 10 20:13:40 2000

> My only problems with OpenSRS is that they do not allow us
> 'resellers' to make changes to customer domains.

I didn't notice that anywhere in the docs, but assuming that's true
...  Get the client to login and add a sub-user for you.  sub-users
have fine grained access conrtols.  You could only allow the
reseller/ISP to modify DNS records.  That way you don't run into
hijacking problems by malicious technical admins but you can still
change the technical information required.

-bk