Re: Clinton fights hackers, with a hacker

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Tue Feb 15 21:27:18 2000

"Henry R. Linneweh" wrote:

> New story same twist,
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computing/02/15/hacker.security/index.html

<Fair-Use>
"I don't think we should leave here with this vast sense of insecurity,"
Clinton said at
the Tuesday meeting. "We ought to leave here with a sense of confidence
that this is
a challenge that was entirely predictable. It's part of the price of the
success of the
Internet."
</Fair-Use>

I must say this is a very savvy comment by Clinton. We SHOULD be looking at
this
event as one that was bound to happen. What was left out of this story were
the
obvious things we need to do to prevent it from happening again, most of
which
have been discussed on this mailing list very recently.

--
North Shore Technologies, Cleveland, OH  http://NorthShoreTechnologies.net
Steve Sobol, President, Chief Website Architect and Janitor