Re: Yahoo! Lessons Learned

  • From: Dan Hollis
  • Date: Wed Feb 09 15:36:36 2000

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Daniel Senie wrote:
> I don't buy this. The wholesalers are allowing (requiring?) filters be
> added to block port 25 to all but the retail ISP's mail servers.

I dont buy it either, but when youre not their customer they dont have
much incentive to lift a finger to stop denial of service attacks.

Its also the excuse they gave me why they couldnt be bothered to disable
directed broadcasts, by the way. "We dont have enough cpu to filter them".

I think all the tier1 networks need to seriously clean out the complacent
dead wood and dust off the clue by four.

-Dan