Re: www.etrade.com has no DNS A record !

  • From: jlewis
  • Date: Tue Jan 25 23:19:51 2000

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, John Hawkinson wrote:

> Why is discussion of a single site's DNS configuration screwup
> appropriate for NANOG?

Don't all network operators day-trade with their IPO money as long as
things aren't down or broken? :)

> Is your goal to get the word out to network providers of people
> who use E*TRADE? Do you really expect that many of them will
> forward this announcement or make good use of it? Should

I forwarded it to our tech support people so they'd have a heads-up for
when people start calling in complaining that our service sucks because
they can't get to their day-trading account, and they're losing thousands
of dollars a minute and it's all our fault because we're a bunch of idiots
who can't keep a network working.  If you don't have customers like that,
maybe I can send you a few.

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  Spammers will be winnuked or
 System Administrator        |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Atlantic Net                |  to get the job done.
_________http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key__________