Re: Fw: Administrivia: ORBS

  • From: Paul Vixie
  • Date: Fri Jan 14 21:47:02 2000

> >         Nope, they'll list anyone who blocks them, regardless of open
> >         relay status.
>
> If that's true, they're going too far, and won't be able to become
> widespread enough to matter.

Right.  MAPS narrowly dodged that same bullet several times in the early days,
and both ORBS and IMRSS were created as direct responses to our well-learned
conservatism about who we will blackhole and why.

> That's a damn shame.

Not really.  Failure is a natural consequence of any nonscalable activity.
--
Paul Vixie <vixie@mibh.net>